Monday, January 30, 2006

Cory Doctorow's speech on broadcast flags and digital TV

Ever since I've read Mr. Doctorow's Microsoft DRM (Digital Repressive Right Management) speech, I keep track of his speeches on this matter. He warns about the dangers and uselessness of the DRM systems.
Every time I hear what those greedy corporations plot I'm held by barely controllable anger, but i keep listening, since I feel obligated to know what these people are up to. This time Mr. Doctorow was talking about the upcoming initiative of broadcasting flags in digital television, the related legislation and what profound repercussions that might have.

It is a "must listen", even if it is not included in your area of interest, since it touches each and every one of us.

Update:
Another useful article on this issue.

No comments: